R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Colorado Onroad Racin'
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:02 AM
royfan33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grenade10
While I'm on a roll - we need a class that we can post at ALL THE HOBBY SHOPS to get novice racers into the sport.

I had talked to a few of you about the Vintage Trans Am class, that the Montana boys started.

The class is for any rtr car (must be electric - REV) outdated touring car TC3, JRX.......(not current issue) then 4 cell on rubber tires. They have stock brushed motors and 19turn brushed. No lipo, No brushless. Must run a vintage body, no wing, but spoiler on body.

We could offer this class as a $5 entry fee and only a ROAR membership. If you were running any other class you could not enter this class, and we would need some type of graduation. So start with the stock motor and then move up to 19 turn at a $10 entry and 50% club dues.
(Related by marrage, blood....not just adopted by Mario!!)
What about a nitro novice class? The RC Pro series has a RTR class using the TM G4S. I don't know how successful it's been and maybe it's too expensive, but seems like alot of peeps I've seen lurking around the track are there to check out the nitros. Plus most RTRs can be upgraded when the driver wants to move up....