R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HOW LONG BEFORE BL BECOMES THE NORM AND BRUSHED BECOMES THE COMMODITY???
Old 08-28-2007, 08:04 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im not really sure what the big issue is with BL being the norm or not. IF your club runs mod and loosely follows roar rules then both sides should be running together. BL vs BRushed. There is no issue at all.

ROAR MOD includes both brushed and brushless. So it will become the norm when more people buy into it. When guys start seeing BL guys running with or ahead of them during races and notice that while there cutting comms and sodlering in new brushes that the BL crew are eating a twinky and trying out a new setup on there car the natural thing to happen is more of the brushed guys will go to BL...

For me our club doesnt have the numbers for mod, even when we did it was weak. 19T was our biggest class when numbers where big, but now the club is at a low point but rebuilding. Our bread and butter class through out the last 10years or when ever touring cars started (HPI RS4 era) has always been stock.... At our club BL is a topic of discusion but the equivilancy issue is a problem. Because by ROAR definition there is no way a BL will ever be legal in stock. And since there is no STOCK BRUSHLESS ROAR rule or standard no motor builders are creating stock motors on the same level as there competators. So the 13.5 BL novak has 3 versions. 2 of wich most say is faster then brushed. Even if we just forget trying to make BL 13.5 equivilent to brushed roar stock and tried to just implement a BL stock class there are not rules or regulations to ensure all new 13.5 are playing by the same rules. A set of rules needs to be created for the next generation of STOCK. ROAR STOCK BRUSHLESS.

Have a visit at the thread i started. The first few pages are on topic and then it lost its way.... When reading the thread keep in mind its about stock racing not mod. Mod in my mind is 100% taken care off, its legal, let time go by and prices drop and brushless will take over.. Personally im waiting for a stock rule but more importantly a smaller footprint ESC. I have not seen an ESC take up that much chassis since the 80's!!

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=168578