R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there an American made sedan left?
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:26 AM
bxpitbull
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
BX, the sentiment is great but in reality you lose more US jobs with thinking like that. Its complicated to explain and can sound backwards on the surface but a global economy is good for the US (and the rest of the world).
Um, maybe you didnt read when I said I dont care where its made, as long as it performs and they can communicate if I have a problem. Personally, I dont care. Yes, to be able to compete globally, you have to deal outside of your borders. That said, why arent any r/c cars made here in America to compete with all of the companys out there? I know our labor laws are more intense, which would drive costs WAAY up and that is a mitigating factor, but, some development and manfuacturing can be done here. Also, you guys are taking the whole "buy American" a bit too far. No one is saying to only purchase only American products and shut the rest of the world economy out..that would be suicidal. BUT, and I say again, for the amount of money AMERICANS put into this and as many guys have ideas, there should be one company that makes cars here. But then again, the profits arent as grandiose as they are overseas, soooooo......