R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Common Sense RC 4400 Lipo
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
kuzo
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JevUK
If stock is all you are going run to then the 3200mah pack is not a bad buy. But on a long term basis I would still prefer the 4800 over it, unless it doesn't fit into one of your cars.

Even if the packs are being cycled well below their maximum, C rating will affect life span. 3200mah may keep over 95% performance for 200 cycles but the 4800mah may keep 95% for 300 when charge and discharge at the same rate. This figures are just an example.

No arguing here, just sharing the varied experience I've had with lipo's.

I think a subject worth starting a new topic on would be the future rules and regs regarding lipos. If clubs keep coming up with their own varied rules it's going to cause all sorts of confusion and upset amongst the average racer who wants say good by to crap nimh's.

I know it's far fetched but I think a testing board would be good, so that only lipos that have had random samples tested are certified for sanctioned race meetings.
One thing to take into account with the Orions is the 4800s are 15C and the 3200s are 20C. So 72A for the platinums and 64A for the carbon. Not a huge diference.