R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Cal-Coast Racing League
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 09:01 PM
casrcr
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up Let'z Race!

Greetings from the Central Valley! Chris S. here, sure is awfully quiet on the forum,so what's the haps? Had a great time racing at Cycle Art Racing last night in Fresno. This a good example of numbers dwindling to so few that racing was cancelled several months back! But by efforts of the owner & managers, by flyers at local hobby shops,and by word of mouth they decided to try again approx.4 months ago, and racer's numbers have been steadily increasing each month(race once a month) last night there were 24 entries.Our Tulare County RC Saturn of Visalia 500 series has been attracting 20 to 30 entries twice a month,even in the heat of the Central Valley.Please do not take this as an in your face commentary, it is in no way ment that way!!! This is ment to encourge you to not to give up.The racers are the ones who can and should be the ones responsible for spreading the word throughout the racing community i.e. racers who may have cooled down or given up all together.........Word of mouth.There may be more support out there than you think,but it will take some effort on the part of the local racers over there,it cannot and should not fall completely on the shoulders of Chris,Bryan,&Mark after all they are racers too,wanting to race also just like us!!!!! Joe I'm taking your advice & watching the website.Pardon me while I climb down from this soapbox.My hope is to encourge not critisize.Hope to see everyone at the coast races soon.Chris S.