R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 08:40 PM
spurcheck
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Jammin' Jeffs' fall festival of speed

Summer is gone and everyone has gone indoors to race, right,,,,,,,,,not yet! I don't think so, at least not totally yet.
One last chance to get together outside in the crisp autumn air with you "rc buds". And what better place than at Jackson RC clubs world class facility. This track just had a recent face lift in the way of a total resurfacing with the highest grade of asphalt and now featuring adjustable layout barriers. It has been said that this may be the best intermediate size outdoor track on the east coast. Touted by several national level drivers to be as smooth or smoother than many indoor carpet tracks.

The event will be:

Jackson RC 2 Solar Drive Jackson NJ 08527

Sunday September 9th
Gates open 7am
Signups end at 10:30am promptly. You sign up late,,,,,,you may miss the first qualifying heat.
Mandatory drivers meeting 10:30am (All must attend,,,,,,,your physical body at the meeting,,,,,,,,,,,not in the pits!!!!!!!)
Heats posted 10:45am.
1st heat goes off at 11am sharp!!!!
This is a ROAR facility, but the one day ROAR fee will be waived!!!!
Entry fees: 1st class $15, 2nd class $10, 3rd class $5.
There will be 3 qualifying heats and 1 main event. Nitro mains will be extended, length to be decided on raceday. All nitro mains will have bump ups.
Proposed classes will be;
1/10th electric touring stock (brushed and brushless)
This class will be reserved for newbies, casual and occasional racers. All skilled touring drivers will run in the 19 turn and/or open classes.
1/10th electric touring 19 turn (brushed and brushless).
1/10th electric open (brushed and brushless).
1/10th touring nitro. If there are enough to make up a nitro RTR class we will seperate into a RTR class.
1/12th electric 4 cell open (brushed and brushless).
RWB (run whatcha' brung) anything goes as long as it is 1/10th or smaller.

As listed above, these are the "proposed classes", based on participation on the day of the event, I will adjust and/or alter these so that the playing field is as level as I can make it. We will work together to make a fun and competitive day,,,,,,,,,,,,as it should be!!!!

Tires will be open in all classes, this too may be a raceday decision based on the wants of the participants.

Most of you guys probably are not familiar with my form of rules,,,,,,,,too many options, right? Trust me, it will work, and most of all, you will have fun, and isn't that why you started running these model cars in the first place?????

OK, the hype is up,,,,,,,,,,,,let's do this!!!!!!

Last edited by spurcheck; 09-01-2007 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Clarification of classes