R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Taylor-Racing
Tech Elite

Originally posted by patelladragger
Yes it is. I miss my K car. I've already used more spares on the mtx3 than I did all of last year on the K car. I snapped 2 wheel axles in half in 2 consecutive runs (running solid rear) yesterday. No touchy board, just snapped on power. I like to run my lola against the 235's and I KNOW now I want my K car back. The mugen is so light the 235's boyz get rough with me and I go airborne everytime!
Hey, patella, I think you may need to invest in the new V-One-RRRRR . . EVO when it's released since you are our resident "early adopter"
I don't think we've broken anything on the K car unless you count the CVD's - and I don't. Ah, yes, we did break/lose the brake disk carrier on two occasions, but the new alloy one seems to have halted that issue.

Dunno how you put up with that solid rear - we tried it a couple of weeks ago and the tyre wear was . . . . er . . . high.

Next month, our club is holding an "Enduro" event. I'm not quite sure of the details but it's going to be a three hour race with three cars per team. . . . Gawd. This is going to be fun.

We disintegrated a bearing in our JP on Sunday - luckily I saw it before the final. We were able to "scrounge" a crankcase for the final and my driver managed to finish fourth - pretty pleased about that considering the company.

Anyway, I'm looking at a back-up engine and considering a nice strong Pixie or a nice cheap Sirio.
Didn't you run a Sirio? What was it like?