R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Common Sense RC 4400 Lipo
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2007, 07:20 PM
kuzo
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Kuzo, my bad. I too, am very concerned with many of the products coming from China and their lack of attention to detail and American standards AND how they cut corners. That said, MaxAmps says their stuff is made here in America, not assembled, but made in America. Their cells could be made in Uruguay for all we know. I'll say this, for me, the packs work and give me what I want. May not be bullet proof and may not have an "internal fuse", but, they have never failed me....and I put my cells through the ringer. Turbo joe, eat a fat one.
Tell you what bx, I run Orion because I know every aspect about them. Control freak? Maybe. I have a 9 year old, a 7 tear old and a 4 year old that drive and we all run lipo. I have to trust what I use. I mean crap, I just had 3-4 different toys recalled that my kids have had for YEARS due to lead paint from crappy, no quality control factories. It's the F'in cheapest bottom line for these factories and I will not buy anything I can avoid from them.

Maxamps may be using cells from a better Chinese factory and at their price it's likely to be Chinese. Obviously quality and controls can change quickly at these factories so I will avoid them. Maxamps has avoided this question for quite some time and after the recent addition to their site that says they use "our own cells" I've dropped all hope. They are avoiding the question just like Schumacher who I won't use. Like I said, Maxamps seems to have superior pack creation techniques...why don't they choose superior cells to support that?