R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 11:28 AM
JLock
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jspeed,

The "budget racer" is one of the many that this hobby/sport needs to attract. Believe it or not, I started out as a "budget racer". But, as my budget and skills grew, so did my spending on the type of car(s) needed to compete at a high level. I did the "bash" thing for a moment, but it was no fun when you were bashing against yourself (r/c was non-existent in south mississippi for a very long time). But, if there weren't a "budget" level car that was easily upgradable (TC3 electric and HPI RS2 Racer 2, my first two "race" cars), I would have either bailed on the hobby or entrenched myself on the plane side of things (which was popular in my area at the time I came into the hobby fully). Some of the same "hardcore" racers are the ones killing the hobby with their super-serious attitudes and being unapproachable and unfriendly (even at local club tracks/races). As I have said many time (ask Bvoltz on this one), if a spectator don't see some level of enjoyment (FUN) being exhibited by the racers, then they question why should they get involved with it.