R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 200mm nitro touring car hot again!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 07:57 AM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jspeed
While this has nothing to do with 200mm Sedan racing, this is an event RC Pro Series is putting together to help promote R/C racing to the “general public”.

As most of you might know, the Kyosho Inferno GT is a very hot seller across the country. I dare anyone to ask a hobby shop owner how many of them they’ve sold. All of the people that have purchased these cars have no sanctioning body race support, until now.

This RC Pro Special event will feature all of the tried & true race classes but we are also offering 2 classes for these “Rally” cars. The classes will be “Stock” & “Super Stock”.

Due to the location of SS Speedway in Tamps Florida in the heart of the city, the event will attract hundreds of people new to the sport of R/C racing.
As we all know, they will ask the familiar questions about the cars.

Those questions being: How fast do they go and how much do they cost? The magic of this event is that for the first time, we can proudly say “you can get a ready to run R/C race car for under $400 dollars, instead of the typical “about $1,500 dollars for one like mine”

This will benefit the entire R/C community by offering the “general public” an affordable race option. Now before you “purists” all start screaming foul at me, think about the big picture and how this marketing concept will help every sanctioning body, manufacturer, distributor, hobby shop and track across America. The name RC Pro stands for RC Promotions, and that is exactly what we’re doing; Promoting RC Racing.

GREAT!!!!! I will be very interested in how this works out... I agree with you... We MUST race from time to time in very public places.. and we MUST have a price point to get newbies into the game for around the same price as the Xbox, PS2, etc....

1,500 for your car... but then you start to add in all the pit tools.. and the newbie runs away, not walk, but RUNS.... I have seen this time and time again when we run at Bass Pro... They think ok so Rat Shack has them for 30.00, and this is faster, so it should be around 100.00... Then you hit them the price tag... They're drop to the floor when they here the price tag.