R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR 1/10th Scale National Question
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 01:21 PM
Wild Cherry
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Dawn Sanchez
George - tracks today for 8th buggy and 8th truck (truggy) are just toooooo big for 1:10 gas trucks to do well. The jumps have to be designed larger and spaced differently as well as the 'ruts' these vehicles leave are very disruptive for a 1:10th gas truck. The racing simply is not fun for GT's to run on the same size tracks.

There are more 1:10 off road tracks currently in use in the ROAR affiliation and if GT has any life at all... I think promoting the class and placing their premiere racing in a venue that supports the vehicle is the best choice.

I have discussed this over and over with major team drivers and although they don't like the prospect of yet another event they have to attend, contractually... it would be better for the class, privateer racers and the tracks who build these types of facilities.

But..... the downside is another class at 1:10 off road nats.... and most guys run the three mod classes and supporting their cars for gas racing as well takes out what one person can physically do in a day of wrenching.. ya know?

understand your points and all R good ones as well...

Only feel 1/10th gas truck is kinda of a stepping stone for the 1/8th scales...

and
both belong together in same program as a result...

I`m new to 1/10 gas ....
and

after my first season on those too big jumps and rutt`s, loved every moment...

and

at the same time...

still watched the 1/8th`s and learned to want one...

just as said, now have no doubts I`ll be getting a 1/8th for next season...

So ....
I`m not just considering the 1/10 gas programs health here !
I`m also including the health of the 1/8th as well....

Thanks for the reply ...