R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Li-Awesome Vs. Li-sux
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2007, 04:33 AM
hobbipro
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I wouldnt hold my breath for the manufactures to give out safety data like kolkam did. Was this data released for a marketing scheme, or simply the facts, or both? You decide. We have never been given any information on NiMh's and would probably be shocked if they did, especially with all the IB problems lately.
My concern with the "hard case" on my orions is that its actually not a hard case. My buds basically fell off to reveal basically a very thin plastic material held on with nothing more than 2x tape. While it does offer some protection from punctures it wont keep it from being abused, or mishandled by people who are unknowldgeable about charging them, there's still that potential danger.
I've also tried the Maxamps packs all of the hard core races call "junk" because of no data on the cells. Just from my experience they assemble your pack to order, and the construction materials used, wires, shrink, connectors look like good quality. They have preformed just as well, if not better than my orion packs. Do I wish they had that "hard case", sure but I've also used lipo's in my EP planes/heli's and still have not lost one in flames yet even after a hard crash.