R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by azmio
I experienced the same problem with my wide pan car. it appeared that the rear end was a bit loose and it really increased my lap time. In comparison with my narrow pan, the rear end was always on rail.

I have tried many ways to solve this problem and to my surprise, body with lower downforce gives better lap time and almost no loose rear end. I had more understeer but the lap time was much better.
As John mentioned if the track allows for traction compound...use it! Depending on the track rules will depend on what you use. If they allow pretty much anything the hot ticket lately has been black can Paragon, soak for 15mins, followed by suntan lotion, again let it soak, then wipe off with a rag. If they only allow odorless (supposedly odorless) compounds then use the Jack the Gripper. Or you can even try just suntan lotion alone, that works pretty well too. If the car is loose in the rear start with compound on the rear tires only. If you need more front traction from there then start with the inner 1/3rd of the front wheel. If that's not enough go up to 1/2 the tire then to full front. Somewhere in there you should find a good balance.