R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Pantoura, 1/10 Pan Car, 2S LiPo, Brushless, Tips and Tricks.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:45 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The track had medium traction today. I was pleased that it came up to this level. It was looking pretty grim for the pan car after the new topcoat. Now The pan is competitive again with the Nitro's. I ran the Pan car against the electric touring car today and can tell you three distinct places that the pan car is superiour and gains a lot of time.

Turn 1 and 2 are high speed corners. I am tapping the board with the TC right between 1 and 2 because I am used to flying through there faster with the pan car. The pan car then does turn 2-3 a little better and comes onto the straight faster. Although the top speeds are similar the Pan car is accelerating so hard in the middle of the straight that it gets to the sweeper considerably faster in time; It would open a 20 foot gap at least. Then I can slam the pan car into the sweeper, turn 5, at full speed. In my previous wide pan video I could not handle the sweeper properly due to a wimpy front spring. This made the touring car look better there. With the touring car I have to enter gently to stay on a tight line. The infield is more similar than dissimilar, but on this track my pan would have about 1-1.5 second edge per lap because of the advantages on the noted parts of the track. I'll get some lap times later on.

The touring car did not thermal with the LRP TC edition today. That was good news for that speed control.

Last edited by John Stranahan; 08-25-2007 at 09:49 PM.