R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Local Racing Fees
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:39 PM
acyrier
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Race Fees

Just thought I would post what our track does for race fees/classes.

1st off...we try to provide a "family" deal.

Our race fees are
13 1st car,
3 2nd car
2 3rd car.
that's 18bucks for 3 cars.

NOW..if you have say a "Dan'n'Lad" come and race...it's the same price
Dad's 1st car = 13
Dad's 2nd car = 3
Lad's 1st car = 2
Lad's 2nd car = 2
So that's 20bucks for 4 cars.

To keep the cost down for classes, we've divided up basically couple classes into (2) divisions.

Advanced and Novice.
Why I think this works... Were basically a "stock" class track. the track is only 60x36 and tight. we've ran a few mod classes, but the lap times don't get any better. (could partically due to talant..don't know) But in anycase, the stock TC Novice class is NO DIFFERENT then the stock TC Advanced class. when a person feels they are ready for the "next step" all they do is signup for Advance. If we "the race directors" feel somebody is kinda "milking" the novice class (which is rare, but has happend) we ask them to step up. This has worked out well cause a lot of the younger kids get a chance to "place" well instead of getting beat by the "fast guys" all the time. Builds their confidence and they leave with a good feeling.

Lipo/Brushless

We have integrated the 13.5 with the stock motors. But as were watching the different threads, lots are saying the 13.5 with sintered rotor is faster then stock brushed, so that's somethign we'll be watching this year. We all know it's coming, it's just a little difficult for us all (racers and directors) to integrate the 2 while going through this transition. The reason we've chosen to integrate vs. segragate, or even not allow is we don't want to dilute the classes. I would rather race 12 people every week in the same class. vs. 6. know what I mean Vern?

Lipo... were kinda dragging our feet on this one. We had a couple guys that were "hard core" lipo, but when they had one go bad on them..they kinda eased up on the lipo. I do believe it's the future, (or something there about) but since were ultimatly responsible if something goes wrong (catches fire) were a little slow to start allowing them. Yes, they can be safe in the "right hands", but I'm sure there's one at every track...somebody that tries to go that "extra" mile w/o knowing what he/she is doing. Maybe next year (08-09 season)