R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
bus driver
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kuzo
What you just said is exactly why the info is so important. I know they're dangerous and I am always on the lookout for problems others may be having with the same stuff I'm using. I don't know why simple requests for more info get met with such derision.

For the record, I said nothing about his noob status, spelling or haircut (just playing Socal). I only requested details.

I understand what you are saying and I am not singleing you out by anymeans.For a lurkers point of view everytime I have seen a post like this the vast majority of lipo users get bent out of shape.

Probably 99% of the users on this board use the proper equipment to have a safe working lipo.Now 99% of the people on this board is like.0002% of the lipos users the hooby has.The vet racer is gonna use the top of the line batts and charger because of knowledge.The parent of a 14yr kid wants to get him into the hobby and see's that he can get the cheaper lipo batt and charger and there is the problems.At home or now at the track for there first time.

I understand they are as safe as the users.The users on this board most likely are not gonna have problem or see them themselfs at the track.We are racers and we are very small % in the hobby.Very small.The heli in question would be purchased mostly by whom?Most likely someone just getting into the hobby or parents buying for there kids.Kids dont have the atennntion span like the weekly racer.Mistake happen and when they happen with lipos it usally is really bad news.

that all my point was.Thanks for keeping it civil.