R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - BE CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 11:12 AM
kuzo
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bus driver
I just dont understand why its so hard to believe that a lipo fire happened.Yes some people lie and like to start a web fight.I just saying after reading these boards the lipo guys just seem to ignore the fact that it happens.Then get all bent out of shape when people say they have seen it or happened to them.I personnaly have seen more nimh fires then lipos.I am not a lipo hater,just dont have a blind eye to the fact they are dangerous.

The good packs like orion are not common knowledge to newbs.People shop on the net and go to thier hobbyshops and try to save money by buying cheaper batts.Not knowing the dangers.Telling a newb they got what was coming to them because the bought a cheap battery isen't cool.They dont know the dangers.Most are backyard bashers and will never talk to a vet at the track.Sorry to say but alot of hobbyshop workers dont even know there own products so they dont have knowledge or dont care as long as they sell the product.
What you just said is exactly why the info is so important. I know they're dangerous and I am always on the lookout for problems others may be having with the same stuff I'm using. I don't know why simple requests for more info get met with such derision.

For the record, I said nothing about his noob status, spelling or haircut (just playing Socal). I only requested details.