R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Local Racing Fees
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 10:06 AM
Ozzie
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

From my point of view, when a track raises the price of race fees and people quit racing, their reasons or excuses are irrelevant. The prices raise for a reason. Whether it is due to the rising cost of insurance, rent, etc… or whether the club or track just wants to purchase a new item.

Reason:

I have a family. A 4 year old daughter and a set of 1 month old twins. My wife does not work. I used to race a Corally RDX, stock, foam tire, 4200 batteries. Since the additions to the family I have went to a TA05, brushless, lipo, rubber tire. By cutting out all the needed tools, tires, and what not’s, I can still afford to race every weekend.

Meaning:

If you are a true die hard racer and enjoy going to the track as much as I do, you will find ways for this to happen. If you quit racing because the price to race raised $5 or $10 then you were just looking for an excuse to quit racing. It shouldn’t matter the price we pay to race our little toy cars. If it were $30 I would still race. I would just cut back to only eating 4 or 5 hot dogs at the track. lol