Thread: Steam cleaner
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 09:55 AM
mistercrash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Steam cleaner

Hi
My wife bought an Euro-Pro Shark steam cleaner to clean and disinfect around the house and of course I had to try this thing on my R/C stuff. So far it's been great! I cleaned dirty and greasy Lexan bodies from my nitro cars, I had my Mugen MTX2 that was very dirty so I took it apart and cleaned every part with this thing with very good results. Then I found six bearings I didn't use because they were either ceased or so gritty that I'd end up emptying a whole can of motor spray to bring them back. Using a RPM Bearing Blaster, I blasted each bearing with 20 second bursts with the steamer, repeating if necessary, and all six bearings spun like they were new. A short burst of motor spray got rid of any water stuck inside. If you have an air compressor, use that instead of course.
I wanted to tell you this because I'm still finding R/C stuff to clean with this thing, wheels, shocks, tools. And it's all done with 240° F steam so there's no chemicals involved, no smell and since the parts are heated up as they are cleaned, they dry up very fast. I highly recommend it.

Last edited by mistercrash; 05-05-2003 at 06:04 PM.