R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nomadio React
Thread: Nomadio React
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 10:17 PM
Timmahh
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

k, LOVE MINE> the adjustability of not only the radio, but the features are great imo. i ve used mine on my 1/5th scale OnRoads, MY HPI Baja and one my 1/8th Jammin. haveing the ability to set all 4 perameters, the 3 cars AND one for Gaming on the puter and store them is great. and still have 36 more slots for different tracks/setups games ect...

very intuitive navigation.
with my baja i ve had it 250 Plus YARDS away without any noticable delay or glitches.

one drawback i have seen is quick battery drain. useing 4 AA opposed to 8, surely keeps it light weight, but the stock 700Mah pack REALLY should be a 2100Mah pack Minimum if not a 2800 or better in reality. im useing selfmade Duracell 2500Mah Rchg packs. works well. i can get pretty much a FULL day of bashing with my baja, and a full day with the baja is about 4 or 5 HRS of RUNTIME, not pissing around time. same with my Onroad Gasser. mucho drive time. needless to say a day at the track with the 1/8th is a piece of cake.

my personal dislike is i have had some rather disturbing problems with the desktop software and the TX/CPU Connection/UPDate Process. i ve had a few Failures. I ll immediatly speakup and say Tech Support and Customer Support was Great and got me a new Radio both times the update failed. when the update process fails, its just like bricking a router by loseing power during a firmware upgrade. afterwards its powers up but wont talk to nothing.

since ive got my last unit back, i have yet to update the software. call me gunshy, but i havnt done it yet. it s working fine as it, but i just cant save any of my React NSF files. all else is Great though.

T