R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New JACO foam sedan tires
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Apex
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by punkboy
After talking with Ray and Rick from Jaco/SMC and testing these tires this past weekend at Mimi's in MD, it sounds as though they may be ready for Vegas.

These rims are amazing. They really do look way better in person. They are very lightweight, and perform very very well. Rick Monahan and I ran the 26mm wraps all weekend long getting our cars dialed in to the track, then threw on the new Prism wheel and each picked up a tenth immediately, and after a few small tweaks we were easily 3 tenths faster than we had gone all weekend. I know my car felt more planted and more responsive entering and exiting the turns. Cornerspeed improved quite noticeably. I think the lighter wheels are going to be a huge advantage in stock due to having less rotating mass, and less unsprung weight.

As far as durability goes, I didn't hit too much with them on my car but I didn't have any problems at all with the rims.

I want to thank Jack for allowing Ray and Rick to come up and practice at my home track with me, and giving us all the opportunity to test out a great new product. Also thanks to Rick and Ray for the help and entertainment all weekend long!
So what tire combination did you find to work best? DBL Pinks all around as usual? Or maybe DBL Pink rear and Lilac fronts?