R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - brand Spankin New to the hobby
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 07:59 PM
vtl1180ny
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jsl6v8
I wouldn't mind buying a kit and putting it together myself, in fact I would rather like to but some of the stuff I've seen its just cheaper to buy a RTR, I do plan on learning to drive the car before I throw in a 3.5turn with a stock 27turn, I accept the fact that I have no idea how fast even 30mph is and have the full intention of getting used to the car in a open road/lot so I don't go bashing up the car while learning to drive it.

As for the TC4 like I said my only worry with it is the shaft drive which nobody is using, my understand is that the shaft driven car is suppose to give you a bit more power and more coming out of a turn bit will slip right a bit, is the slipping really a issue or just something I'll need to get used to while driving the car?

Yeah if I end up going with a 3.5, I'll definately have to invest in some high MA lithiums
It's the flavor of the month... Spend some time around here and you'll see how quickly the latest and greatest car comes and goes... I've been in this hobby for 30 years, I've seen many cars and more people come and go...

If you're going to be learning the ins and outs in a parking lot then the sealed drivetrain and no belts to get rocks stuck in is a plus... There is no slippage in a shaft car, there is slippage in a belt car... Shaft cars tend to torque steer under acceleration and belt cars don't... Being new you really won't notice...

There's some pretty hardcore racers here, you can't always take their advice because they will never run their cars on anything but a prepared carpet or asphalt race track... It pains me that I can't play with my race cars in the street in fear of gouging the chassis up... That's why I have a TC3 and Yok CGM for that... They once were my race cars and now my son and I bash them...