R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5 Cells, the time is now!! Or atleast by 2008
Old 08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Frank Root
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tripthreat
I think this is where most of the confusion of the point I am trying to make comes from. The first thing people think of when I say 5-cells is the Mod Class. In all honest, if the mod class is to stay "Open", I would welcome that. LIPO, Ni-MH, don't care, 6.0, 7.2, 7.4, don't care - FOR MOD. In Mod you can run a 3.5 with a 5 cell and still haul the mail, nothing is going to stop guys from going fast if they want too.

I think the change is more important for stock. Stocks are too fast right now. True, you "CAN" run 5-cells in stock, it is an option, but who's going to? No one...they all want to go fast, and not for the sake of going fast, but to be competitive. If they JUST wanted to go fast, they'd be running mod. If everyone running stock was on 5 cells, and a 13.5 (ideal IMO), then they can all be competitive which is what stock guys desire right?

Then newbs could handle the power, be able to DRIVE their cars, and start off at a level of competition that won't leave them searching for a new hobby...
Originally Posted by Francis M.
Why move to 5 cell? People are already disconnecting the 6th cell on certain conditions. This isn't sedan where people are frying electronics. If you feel the power is too much for you then step down to a slower motor.

Keep it simple.
This is why.