R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New xr80 owner needs some advice
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Devilhorse
Tech Rookie

will do brc. main thing I was looking for at the moment is a receiver box. The open tray scares me. First day out something flew up and knocked my battery wire loose and the servo went wide open and the car hit the wall head on wide open. No battery means no steering no brake and me no like lol. Luckly it only broke the front bumper and one upper arm so the cars are pretty durable. Figured it toasted my engine but so far its running fine.

As for the setup any help would be appericated. There about like 5 of us that have them and only about 3 really running them so we have not got them dialed in at all. Mine is still like it came out of the box. It is a hand full at the moment. I am sure it can be made better. I will be putting better tires on it from stock want get the bugs worked out with the cheap tires though. We have been running what we call a cup car class http://www.rcracingent.com/ and they pretty much have no adjustments on the cars. So we really don't have anything to build on. Our other class is 1/4 scale and the pan cars have all dissappeared so this is a new beast for us.