R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 5 Cells, the time is now!! Or atleast by 2008
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 PM
schmelme
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
And absolutely lets discuss 6 volt. And please help me understand how this will 'fix' 1/10 electric.

This is what i myself am wondering. I help out in my LHS quite a bit and have never seen anyone at the counter saying man this thing is too fast im selling all my stuff. Nor have i seen anyone interested in starting the hobby say if it was slower i would buy one.
Yes i know its not about speed its about leveling the playing field but in offroad battery performance is not a huge deal. In the other 1/10ep forms of racing its another story.
I understand that within the last 2 years motor power has jumped up in leaps and bounds but so what, its offroad. For 90% of a given track you wont use half of it so why a need for change.
I would have no problem running 5cell mod but our 19t or stock club racers wouldnt go for 5cells. And if the club racers dont race then the lhs's start closing then racing all together is done. So do you think what Frank proposed is viable. I dont. However i do think lipo and brushless are helping and will help EP offroad.
A few people brought up the bigger races in the U.S not allowing lipo technology and posted turnouts to show that even without lipo people still come. Well of course they will all those racers are diehards like me and some of you. We would race 4,5,6,7 lipo,hydrogen fusion power cell it doesnt really matter we just like to race. But the other 75% of the hobby club racers and weekend warriors need to be happy and excited about racing to keep this part of our hobby alive and 5cells will kill it.