R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rossi R12 Pixi
Thread: Rossi R12 Pixi
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 03:27 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

I have one of these motors in a box for around 6 months. I read Dennis Ritchies review on it:

BY Dennis don't spend your money here, the rod is super short and the piston is super heavy and the motor is over priced and over hyped, It has way to much head clerance stock and will not run to the level of novarossis and piccos out of the box. (the head clerance can be fixed but requires machining of the head button) Its just not worth it. But it does look cool. I have one and had to do alot of work to it to get it to the level of even a stock MT. (rod and piston change required again requiring machining)
and did not bother to pull it out of the box.

I did the other day for kicks and OMG! It is a damn nice motor which gets quicker every time I run it. I use a RB X12 manifold coupled to a truck style pipe (short and squat). It has great low end and great top end. It is also still ultra tight (only less than 1 gallon thru it) so the top end will still improve. It is not that hard to tune in my opinion, no harder than an average modified novarossi.