R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I HEARD X-RAY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CAR IN FALL
Old 08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
sinisterRC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Until AE came out with the TC5, the only major marketing difference AE used was adding "factory team". If you looked at the TC3, you could see the obvious difference between the RTR, regular an FT. Again, they didnt bring out the cars every YEAR and make it seem like it is the latest and greatest! RTR came built duh, TC3 kit with motor, FT hop ups in kit all released at or around the same time and platform MAINTAINED until the TC4 came out. Then, AE changed the car altogether a year and some change later and mae the TC5. Dont try to use AE or any other brand for direct correlation. NO OTHER manufacturer puts out cars like XRAY and says "this is the latest and greatest". You cant escape the obvious.

There is another company that has been doing the same thing......Apple. Up until the Iphone, they came out with so many "different" types of mp3's that varied oh so slightly, people finally said, "come out with one product that has it all, stop nickel and diming us with features". XRAY does this very same thing.
And ofcourse we are forced into the purchase... Am I crazy or am I one of the few on this site that understands that innovation will always be a part of life. Should we praise a company that does not move forward and crucify one that does? Most of the people that are complaining are not even xray owners?? I myself have not yet mastered my 007 (no where near in fact) so why would I want to upgrade? If I go out and purchase the 008 (if there is such a thing) it would be purely for the bling and the fact that it is the latest and greatest, not because I would perform a great deal better. I understand this, xray is not scamming or fooling me. It's a hobby.