R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI R40 Nitro Car Forum
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2007, 05:19 PM
regg151
Tech Regular

Sason Great race report, looks like you had your ears open at the track picking up on all the setup info that was being passed around. I need to pay a little more attention to the conversations going on around the pit tables since I was sitting right next to you and missed most of the tips.

AS for my day at the track lets just say I was plagued with bad luck all day.

wacked a board during practice and ripped the stinger right off a fairly new cvec pipe, managed to screw it back in but it didn't seal properly causing the engine to run a bit lean.

1st qualifier warmup went fine topped off the tank only to have the engine flame out after 2 laps, couldn't get it to start so got a DNF

2nd qualifier went just like the first go figure

3rd qualifer switched out the cvec for a THS pipe I brought while at the track from a fellow racer, needless to say corrected all my problems at least with the engine, was on a 15-16 lap pace doing quite well until the left rear wheel decied it had enough and parted company with the rest of the car so only managed to complete 14 laps. overall I was just happy that I got to run more then 3 or 4 laps and have the engine flame out.

managed to place 6 in the B main and was ready for ten minutes of hard raceing unfortunitly my rusty driving decided to interfear and the lack of a regular pit guy all conspired to keep me from finishing more then 5 laps just small stuff that always seems to happen in the heat of the moment but otherwise the car handled itself very well myself on the other not so well but still had a good time.

Sason I have a few surprises for our next race have a few things coming my way via the big brown truck.