R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR Fuel Off-Road Regionals Video
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2007, 04:54 PM
griz11
Tech Addict

Default Fairly easy to do

Thanks for the compliments I do take my filming seriously. More like an obsession sometimes. I'm starting to get the hang of having more than one camera to work with. Just keeping them focused with the right exposure set and blank tape in them is a chore. But they turn up some excellent footage and you can put them where I wouldn't put my body I did have one get hit by a truggy and it didn't even glitch on the recording. I use short tripods so unless they get smacked head on and thrown they don't have that far to go before they are on the ground. I'm trying to figure out a way to make something to go around them that will further cushion any impacts. Something like a foam ring. Some of the video sites will let you embed videos they host. But if you want to use a large size like I do you'll have to lease a site. I use BlueHost.com and its under 100 bucks a year with plenty of space and bandwidth so you don't end up paying extra if one of your videos gets a lot of hits. The way you stream them is a few lines of code that you use to control the microsoft video player via the web broswer. Basically you create a separate page for each video you want to stream out of a template. Changing the actual filename titles dates etc from one to the other. Quick and simple. But you do have full control of the size and it doesn't get converted to flash which does weird things to video sometimes. Other than that there is nothing really you have to do to host them. You can check out the microsoft media player documentation for the section on embedding the player for full instructions.

Griz