R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I HEARD X-RAY IS COMING OUT WITH A NEW CAR IN FALL
Old 08-07-2007, 12:22 PM
cvt01
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Xray's "R" version is the same thing as the S version of the Cyclone. Nobody bashing HB coming out with a new car when they released the S version... nobody was bashing Tamiya when they released the TA-05 as a low budget car for those who can't afford a TRF415.

Xray had two platforms T1 and the T2. The T1FK05 had some significant change over the original T1 platform but the rest of the "evolutions" were pretty much the same with new hop-up parts... In my count this is three cars over the seven years... I don't see how it is the company's problem if you fell for all the new versions of the same T1 or felt your car to be outdated simply because the new car had a new suspension (C-hub type over the Pivot Ball). T2 and T2007 is kind of the same thing, they decreased the height of the top-deck so what, most of us won't feel the difference anyway...

I believe they won't touch the US version too much and yes the "T2FK08EU" will have some updated parts (5 cell chassis as the most significant) but I expect nothing revolutionary this year...