R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is LI-PO going to be ROAR Legal this year?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Wild Cherry
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Craps
ROAR is at very important crossroad in it's history where it can choose to shut out the new technology that is really not that new anymore and continue with the old school out of date technology.

The path it takes will determine weather electric off road racing continues to die a slow death with old school nickel battery technology and brushed motors or it can take the path of a total renovating the electric racing with li-pos and brushless that seems to be the way alot of club racing is going and grasp this technology firmly reviving electric off-road racing to a new level with longer qualifiers and longer mains that will appeal to the masses. Sort of like what the world went through replacing the horse and buggy with the automobile.

It will be very hard for the old school racer that has had nothing but nickel batteries and brushed motors to convert to li-po/brushless, but those numbers are shrinking very rapidly anyway. Just look at the low turn out at this years combined Electric Off-Road Nats. Also ROAR added the exhibition class with li-pos and brushless with a 20 minute main with less than a months notice that should be considered a huge success with that class and a real sign of the direction the future of electric racing should be taking!

Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings with this post, but the days of nickel batteries and brushed motors are numbered.

I just hope ROAR decides to become visionaries and adds li-pos and brushless in a big way to save Electric Off-Road Racing.

I will not rejoin Roar until all class`s at Roar events allow Li-Po .....

Too bad for Roar....

Looking like I will not be sending in my membership for next year as well ....