R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Great Lakes Challenge - Toledo 2007
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
Brian Berry
Tech Regular

WOW. Coming back to work after a fun event like the GLC, sucks. This years GLC was a blast. The One Eighth Racers of Toledo club did an outstanding job on getting the facility in top notch form. The added some more fencing at the end of the straight to protect the guys pitting at the end of the straight, they covered the driverstand (it was at least 10-15 degrees cooler than everywhere else), tech support was awesome (thanks to all of you that helped in tech), and the awards were by far the best awards I have ever seen at an RC car race (it blows away any World Championship or National awards I've ever seen).

Josh and Angel...... Excellent display of parts and support with the CEFX hobby shop! If you couldn't find it there, you would not find it anywhere. They had just about everything you could ask for, including air conditioning.

A big thanks goes out to Ted Hammer and Roger E Williams for hosting an outstanding event. The event went very smooth, no flaws whatsoever and scoring ran cleanly.

Congrats to all the class winners: Josh Cyrul, Eli Ezrow, and Ralph Burch

I would like to thank all those that helped me in the pits even though I had my full share of misforuntes this weekend: Paul C, Jim H, Joby, Joby's dad, Mike P, my dad , and all my sponsors.

Even though the mains were rained out, the event was world-class. Its about time that Toledo gets awarded a ROAR Nationals for 1/8th!!!!!!