Thread: Team Magic G4
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 AM
nitrobeast
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muppet racing
Hi,

To get the feel you might be looking for, you can try running a softer rear spring. It does give the feeling of the rear just starting to come round when hard on the power (as the rear just starts to collapse, as its softer, but differnt to running a hard rear spring which will make the rear slide, but cause too much tyre wear) and it will give you a little more steering on power. It would probably be better with a stiffer rear roll bar than the standard G4S, either the G4+ type, or the Mugen type mod.

or, a stiffer rear diff, 20 or 30K would make a fair difference.

or, a lttle more caster angle, we find 1mm of caster makes quite a big difference to on power steering.....

You are right with the rear toe, with any set up there is a minimum rear toe required (which will vary !) so you need to find what you need from somewhere else.....

Hope that ll makes sense !
Good Luck.
I tried the caster like you mentioned and WOW on power corner entry is great now. I went from the stock 2mm to 0mm (most incline) to see the difference and have not looked back. I can take the 1st turn after the straight as hard and i want and it goes in hard!! Love it!! Then i tried the 30k rear diff and it worked good also. I was worried about the rear end coming out but it just holds it.

The car still seems to pull a little bit on the mid to out of a corner. I have 0 droop up front. I am thinking correctly by trying less travel? maybe 2mm?

Thanks for all the help..