R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2'007
Thread: Xray T2'007
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Myhre
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer34v
what are you using to determine your toe in? can you flip the gage from side to side? see if then you read 3 degree and 2 degree on the oppsite sides
Okay so I have determined that it is either the right rear bulkhead, or the chassis itself. All screws are straight, hinge pins are all straight. At this moment to get my toe close to 3 degrees in on both sides I'm having to run
(1.5+1.15 on the left side) and (1.5+1.5+1.15 on the right side). The car has not been crash, and the bulkheads are straight as an arrow, and the chassis is perfectly flat. I guess I'm going to call RC America back in the morning and see what they suggest. Has anyone else had this problem? Could it be that the bulkhead was misdrilled. Checking with my caliper the right bulkhead is about .82 mm further away from the edge of the chassis than the right side. When I added a .75 mm shim to the right side, the left side moved out to 3.5 degrees toe in while only giving me 2.5 toe in on the right side. Thats why I went to the above stated shim setup. I guess worst case scenario I can just run it like that. But it just doesn't seem right.