R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Go Tech Engines
Thread: Go Tech Engines
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2007, 05:15 PM
MassiveMods
Tech Master

Hey All

Just a few notes on how we ran at the WA Cup

Team driver Jogn Grupillo was sporting the MM5 Go Tech .21 7 port and stated after running Novas , Max and OS that the Go was by far his favorite engine !

Torque was almost 15% more than his Massimo Fantini Modified Max , Top end was similar . Tank time was similar too but reliability was outstanding ! The motor did not switch off once ! Not even when we brought it into the pits ! it sat there during a battery change in the final and threw it out on the track and it just zipped off like nothing happened !

I forgot to mention for racing John used only 60% throttle . 100% was too much he stated..

So what did we do ?

Well we ran the 7 port with .4 shimming on a turbo head and found it woked great ! this is with 25% nitro . LRP Plugs and wait for it the new LRP 2063 pipe ! let me tell you we ran it with the HN 2047 and it was great , but it had a tiny lag off the mark .. So we went the New LRP 2063 and WHOA MUMMA ! John's run in was to run 4 tanks on grass, power drifting ! no lag , no hesitation , just total grunt ! This my friends is the best combo i have discovered so far.. hope this helps !

Last edited by MassiveMods; 08-02-2007 at 01:15 AM.