R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR STOCK motors.... rule changes regarding BRUSHLESS
Old 07-31-2007, 01:32 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

...I could be (and have been before) WRONG, but I personally think that a STOCK B/L motor needs to be quite a bit SLOWER than the 13.5.

With that being said, some of you know I've been involved with testing 17.5 motors and these are much closer to current STOCK speeds, in both 4 cell and 6 cell applications.

Where the 13.5 motor is rated at 3300 KV, I'm going to guess that the 17.5 is closer to 2700Kv and by the feel I'm going to guess around 6-10 watts less power than a 13.5 (which is only about 10 watts less than a 10.5)

The 17.5 motors are built and currently selling directly from NOVAK on their SHOPATRON section at TEAMNOVAK.COM

Currently their is no plan to offer these through normal distribution because it's mainly us OVAL guys who are looking at the use of this motor, BUT I would encourage LOCAL clubs to look at this as your B/L STOCK TOURING MOTOR -

BUY in quantity and save too.

If you get a group to buy 4 of these in one deal, NOVAK is offering them at $5.00 off, plus single shipping price at a savings of close to another $27.00, so that would save 4 guys over $11.00 EACH on this motor.