R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP Vs Novak Brushless for stock
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Leodis
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
From what I have seen at the track is this....the Novak does have a cool safety feature (thermal shut down) in it's speedo/motor combo's LRP doesn't.
Not true. LRP's have the thermal shutdown feature and the 2007 models even have a feature that lets you know how close you were to reaching it after you run your car.

On that same track I've seen guys with the LRP using Novak motors blow them up due to the fact that they were over geared and LRP doesn't have a thermal shut down feature in it's speedo.
Once again, not true. I have a lot of respect for Novak, but the simple fact of the matter is that their speedos have more thermalling problems than LRP. Bagging on LRP won't fix that problem.

I don't know how things will be using LRP 19 turns or 13.5's but this is what I've seen at the club race level. mer service so should something does go wrong with your Novak products...they can be repaired or replaced (depending on when purchased) in a timely fashion.
True. Novak does have better customer service than LRP because it might take 2 - 3 months to get a replacement LRP speedo if their North American distributor, AE, is out of units.