R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 06:31 PM
RichChang
Tech Addict

"Feel" and "Is Faster" are two entirely different things.

Were your overall lap times faster and by how much?

And, as was mentioned many times now, weight location comes into play.

Think about the mod people have been doing to the TC3 in regards to battery location. They are moving the batteries in to the centerline and feeling a difference. Those batteries are not moved in much. Weigh a motor and see how much it weighs in the grand scheme of things. It is pretty heavy.

And, if so, it is pretty hard to simulate exactly the same conditions - especially with electric cars since battery condition, motors, etc come into play.

For example, most battery packs are better on their 2nd charge. And, to find two packs to run side by side with exactly the same numbers and discharge rate is not easy.

Also, driving comes into play. Yeah, your lap times may be faster in testing with the different spur, but maybe you just drove a better line.

Anyways, I'm done discussing this. This is getting to be pointless since I have better things to do with my time.

Believe what you want and go with what you want. These are toy cars and it makes no sense to me to continue to try and convince people of something that physics explains.

-Rich