Old 07-29-2007, 04:57 PM
John Stranahan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Delrin upper A-arm from CRC

I got in a pair of these upper A-arms from TeamCRC.com. They are machined from Delrin (a brand of nylon) solid stock. I used these on my modified lower arms to add some needed flexibility in a side crash on our heavy boards. So far so good. They took quite a hit. They are considerably stronger than the stock pieces and have a nice dark bluish black color. On a normal pan car you don't break upper arms much, but if you have broken one or want to dress up the front a little these arms are nice. The stock upper arms do tend to get loose on the Turnbuckle after a couple of good hits. The Nylon should avoid this problem by having more flexibility.

The work on the track has been stalled due to almost daily rains. The boards have been painted and reinstalled. It was dry enough today to practice, but I had nothing out there. The track was very slick from being rolled out with a heavy roller and very dusty as well. Not a good combination for 2 wheel drive. As soon as it dries a couple of weeks, it will be sealed with a sand containing sealer and traction will be very good. No good news to report from todays session.
John