R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak 13mm Sintered Rotor
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:13 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Technology will never, ever, ever stand still. The sooner we all realize and accept that, the easier out lives will be. None of us will ever see a technology so great that it can no longer be improved upon.

I mean, come on, lets be serious. After well over a year of running their brushless motors all over the world, Novak finds one minor thing to tweak to improve the motors and stay ahead of the competition, and now the sky is falling? Really?

The original sintered rotor should go down in history as one of the greatest things to ever happen to R/C. It truly brought brushless motors into the limelight, and has got to be the longest lasting "consumable" part in a motor ever. The fact that Novak found a way to improve on something that so greatly enhanced our hobby is cause for celebration, not bitching and crying.
A circle can not be improved, yet we keep trying to make round rounder.
So if they make it as big as the bonded then we can say they improved it again.?
They just made it bigger, or rounder. Soon I will have 2 or 3 to swap around with all my motors. And if the old one is slower they are history.
I guess I could wait for the 14.34mm...

I'm going to save one to make a necklace out of it.