R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-3
Thread: Mugen MTX-3
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 05:59 PM
Manticore
Tech Champion

Default Re: Building Help with Clutch

Originally posted by ttektek
Could someone help me on Step 38 (adjustment of the spring on the engine), on page 16.

* How many turns do need to turn the H0755 (recommended) for first run?

* Also could someone please explain Step 39 (putting the 2 speed gears and thrust bearing etc onto the engine), with regard to the number of washers? I don't particular understand how to determine the number of washers to use. I have followed the manual.

Thanks for you help

Sami
1/. starts from 0.7mm of thread expose after the adjusting the nut. it is a good starting point for most of the engines.

2/. before you do this, you should get an assortment of different thickness of 5mm shims to make the adjustment. shim between the inner clutch bell bearing and clutch nut until the bell spins freely with the minimum gap between the clutch pad and clutch bell. adjust the shim with the trust bearing until you have end play around 0.3mm. this is the best setting for most of the engines. end play is measured with the clutch bell closest to the clutch pad vs farest from the clutch pad. simpily use a caliper to measure the clutch bell 1st pinion to the cap screw and the difference is the end play.