Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 04:24 PM
fastharry™
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by NTC3NUT
Hi guys. Had my season opener this past Sunday. Didn't turn out the best, but still had alot of fun.

First of all, the aluminum trany cases & "The Fix" are awesome. I had a few hits that last year would have ended my day, and these parts did not budge. Our track is an 1/8th scale fixed board track, with doubled up 2 x 4's in the infield & bolted down 2 x 8's for boarders, it tears cars up. If you don't have these parts get them, you will never have to replace another trany case or shock tower again.

I also tried the RD Logics pipe & was impressed, but ran into problems with a hole in the weld on the pipe flange, and the manifold hitting on the fuel outlet of the stock tank (actually melted my fuel feed nipple shut, thru the fuel tubing). I have to send the pipe back for replacement.

We had 10 sedans, an A & B main, missed the A by less than a second. I had qualified 1st in the B, but had an accident with 2 cars stopped in the in-field during warm-up for the main with less than 1 minute to the start. I had hit the wall at full speed trying to avoid them and actually broke my steering racks servo saver arm right off, no other damage to the car, but it was the one part I didn't have (put my extra NTC3 steering rack on my electric TC3 & forgot to restock, dammit!)

One last thing, the MTX-3 is the real deal. 2 of my friends made the switch from a NTC3 & Reflex, and their cars where dialed right out of the box. They had no problems on our 230' straight either. One of these guys hadn't raced all season indoors and came out with a brand new car (to him), and TQ'd & won the A. Very impressive, hats off to the Mugen guys, a very nice car.

enough for you to switch?.....do you still see advantages that teh tc3 has(cornering speed,acceleration,transition through switchbacks etc)...also,is teh mtx3 proving to be durable?..I hear from guys that watch them that the front uni's are a real problem...not popping out,but breaking..