R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TT-01 not included parts
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Mooshu Beef
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey Battle Cat, I am new here too, haha!

I think the stock ESC doubles as a reciever--which one did it come with? My CPR-01 is the reciever as well--the easiest way to tell whether it is a receiver or not is whether there is a single, long black wire.

I can't help you with the transmitter, since I have the RTR Pistol grip Tamiya one, which works alright. There are tons of transmitters out there but it depends on what you want out of your car. as you put more aftermarket motors/ESC's you're going to want a transmitter that can utilize all those options you'll get with better ESC's, and be able to monitor motor power.

Any 7.2V NiCAD will do-- just know that although 1500mAh may sound like alot, it only gives me around 15 minutes of run time before my ESC cuts out the power so the cells don't drop too low in voltage.

As for a servo, again it depends on what you need. If you describe what you're going to be doing with your car, I am sure other people/ myself can give suggestions on what you should get. In general though, you're going to want a strong servo that can put up with the stress.

BTW, I suggest you get ball bearings if you don't have them already. They're absolutely wonderful...

*re-read bolded text above* our responses will be much more personal to your specific situation if you do.