R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Hellfire SS Kit Build & Long Term Review
Old 07-26-2007, 09:54 PM
MadHacker
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by djhSPAWN
Hello all,

I have been following this thread for the last few weeks and have read through all the pages. Here in San Diego a gas track has finally opened (its a big deal since land value is so high) and I being a on and off RC fan went and picked up a Hellfire RTR. Once I got to the track I found there is way more to RCs then I ever knew. And thanks to this thread I know alot more about the hellfire.

The issue that I am having is that I am getting way to much push in the corners, where do I start to try and figure that out? Shock position, pre load spacers? Any help would be apreciated.
Hi there dj. Glad you have been able to make use of our thread!

The steering push issue seems to be common initially with many Hellfire owners. After some playing around with setups, most of us have been able to get past that.

Check out (on the previous page) Post #359 where I posted my latest setup sheet for the Hellfire. On our dusty clay track with low traction, this setup seems to work very well.

One thing to check before making a bunch of setup changes is this... I had an experience where my diffs where not functioning correctly and my truck WOULD NOT TURN for the life of me! I would first pull the diffs and ensure that they are operating correctly and smoothly with little resistance other than the expected diff oil resistance.

Hope this helps!

Gregg