R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine Tuning 101 (General Tuning)
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 09:24 PM
kcrunchone
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kemorc
the best way to learn is with a TRX .15 engine. they are extremely restrictive, and are kind of hard to hurt performance if you mess up. Heck, experiment with a worn out sleeve. Why pay someone to do the same damn thing when you can get more horsepower out of your mill ON YOUR OWN? Free is the way to be!

whatever you do, just dont polish any of the work you have done... thats just for looks and actually hurts performance.
I have been modding that way for some time and have been since my traxxas off-road days. I had so many guys send me their traxxas engines to mod it was not funny. Some may know me from the traxxas days as kcrunch racer x. Since the wonder years I have since found the on-road scene and have done the same mods on my engines and have had much success in getting some extra power out of them. and polishing is a joke only clean the piston top not its sides of the inside of a sleeve. Consider the bond between the sleeve and the piston one that should not be tampered with, because it will only kill performance..........