R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is it time again for 1/10th scale pan cars?
Old 07-26-2007, 09:11 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Actually the speed killed the pan car class. Prepping the track here in florida has been the same regardless.If I run this weekend it will be 6 cell (old 3800's) and a 13.5 brushless motor.The body will be an HPI Mercedes body.The tires are old even the new ones in the box.I would like to go several ways with the class down hereNascar road course with the COT from McAllister) or Tans Am with old Mustangs and Camaros and Cudas. Out of the two the Nascar would probably be better for the spectators.
Looking to having a Fun day racing Sunday but first I've got to finish building the thing.Now I'm waiting for the ESC and Reciever.Oh yes I've got to rebuild the battery pack to fit the Bolink Chassis with the battery holders (got plenty). When the lipo comes in I've got an old bolink stick pack adapotor that will probably work- if I can find it.
I still disagree...speed isn't what kills classes...it's the expense, what it costs to keep up. People always want to go faster in general so giving them what they want isn't going to chase them away...making it so that the only way you can compete is to have the best and most expensive equipment is what kills classes. Look at what is starting to bring back pan cars now...LiPo batteries and brushless motors...fairly inexpensive in the long run but still just as fast if not faster then before when it died out.