R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2001, 04:48 PM
sonneteer
Tech Regular

Default Slow 03F???

Hi all,

I just finished building TA-03F Alfa 155 from my collection for my girl friend....

Well its finished and I thought I run it with the 540 it came with, nice a mild for her to start with...... fitted with ESC 2000mA ... etc everything is brand new... also fully and I mean fully ball-raced!!!

Took it for its first run today.... it was slow.... it is running with the original gears and pinions.... I set the belt tensioner to minimum to reduce any drag.... but it was only marginally faster..... does this car need running-in???

I re-adjusted the gear mesh, but it was fine anyway..... now.... even my GF would think the car is slow..... what can I do to make it quicker? Is the gearing supplied wrong? I read the sheet and as power of motor goes up, the pinion gears has more tooth,except the 540 where it recommends even more tooth? but supplied is 14T!!!

Am I missing something or P2KPro is the only answer???? I was so mad I almost stuck my LRP 15T motor into it......

I have built several cars now so mechanicaly I dont thinkI done anything wrong....

My old Tamiya Lamborghini LP500s is faster that that!!!!!