R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lipo, Indoor Tracks, & "That Guy"
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 07:27 PM
UN4RACING
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craps
A 20 minute race is not an endurance race it just allows the cream to rise to the top unlike a 5 minute race with the lucky first lap usually wins!!!

I even perfer 10 minute qualifiers too!!!!

The masses in RC want long runtime and longer races!!! You want electric to come back, make the races longer and make it almost maintence free!!!
Well said. I prefer the 10 minute races. The 20 minute mains will insure the manufacturers more battery sales.
5 and 10 minutes the batteries will last longer. Better over all. The speedos are not quite ready for the 20's yet I don't think.
People cuss about the speedos going bad and forget they just ran 20 minutes on an esc designed primarily for 5 minute races.
We are at the tip of the ice burg. I've done some testing and for now I believe the 10's are the best for now. Oh how the time flies next the RC planes will be testing solar power. I mean I really think if you were to look at all the types of lipos they use its obvious they paved the way. And you just don't hear a whole lot of bad about theres. Which battery you use really isn't the deal, some will last some wont, yet they all will perform. Its the user that will count.

Last edited by UN4RACING; 07-25-2007 at 07:41 PM.