R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 05:55 PM
TK
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With over steer you have to look at it as weight transfer and how your shocks dictate.

So for instance if I am loose going in to a turn to much weight is being transfered to the front and therefore I need to stop the weight transfer. For me I would either stiffen the front springs or take away droop from the rear. Another way of stiffen the front is moving the front shocks out a hole.

Now say your loose in the middle of the turn. The problem now is the weight transfer not from rear to front like earlier but from side to side. Now this where I get confused. If anyone is reading this help me out here. I do know how to cure this problem and that is by laying the rear the shocks down one hole will give you more side bite which will help it.

The last instance is coming out of the corner. This is weight transfer from front to rear. This tells me that you are not getting enough weight to the rear when applying power therefore you need to either add more droop to the frontm stiffen the front springs some, or again lay the rear shocks down one hole.

These are things that I have kinda figured out/ read in the XXX main book which I have found to be quite helpful. If I am wrong in anyway here please correct me.

TK