R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ninja MR R01A or RB C6 (no Rody)?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2007, 06:08 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

I would go for the Picco.. (or Mega DSII+)
Why?..
Well, as cdelong has run 2 gallons on his 35+, I've run 2 gallons on each of my DSII engines, both of them also still look like new (same pinch as they had just after break-in)...
On 1 of them I haven't changed the conrod, just to see how far I can take it before it snaps... (I won this engine after being 2nd in the so called "serpent series" at the end of the season last year....) 2 gallons on it, still looking good...

With the 359 package, and the second club or practise engine, well, If I go for practise, I would like to do this with my fastest engine I have, because otherwise I think it is useless to go for practise....
Also my experience tells me, You will allways run your fastest engine, even in a club event......

So get 2 Picco engines for the price of the 359 package, and still have some money left to buy tires, or spare parts......
Also for the price of a piston/liner/conrod set for the 359 engine, you can buy a brand new Mega DSII+....

BUT, if you really are a capable driver who is looking for the ultimate power to put in his car and is able to handle it, then the Mega/Picco, will not be up to the level the Novarossi is, it is close but not the same.......